Friday, August 8, 2014

Olympic Game Farm Youth Trip!



If you are anywhere near Sequim, WA., I highly recommend the Olympic Game Farm!  We took the youth group there, and man, what a day.  No parents were coming, so it was just Jon and I and 10 kids, ages 6-16.  Yikes!  Jon drove the church suburban and I had our car.  We headed to the ferry to Port Townsend and then over the Peninsula to Sequim.  The Olympic Game Farm is this crazy place where wild animals roam this park, kinda like Yellowstone- only at this place animals put their heads in your car windows and beg for bread!  Free roaming animals included zebras, peacocks, bunnies, yaks, bison, buffalo, llamas, deer, elk, and others.  Behind a fairly small fence were retired movie bears that you could toss bread to, and in even more secure cages they had animals like lions, tigers, coyotes, wolves, etc. 



I have to admit, I was a little nervous about the whole thing.  I'd never driven on the ferry before, never driven to this place an hour away, and the idea of wild animals sticking their heads in my window made me a little nervous!  The lady at the park even warned me not to let the elk with antlers to get their heads TOO far in, cause they'd come up and puncture a hole in our convertible roof! yeesh....if I wasn't nervous before... :/ 


But it was actually awesome and so much fun!  If I got  nervous about some animals I'd just drive faster or roll my windows up :)  I had the older kids in my car, so I could have a navigator, and they had a great time, although they went through the bread we had WAY too quickly, and we had some very persistent and dissapointed animals for the rest of the time there.  At one point, a buffalo stuck his whole head in our car and one of the boys was freaking out and screaming like a girl, it was pretty funny :) Don't worry, we got it on video!  Another buffalo spit up on our car (still need to clean that off...)  and one spit on Jon's hand (he discovered he's allergic.  Of course. )  They also had a small aquarium, a small petting zoo with pigs, goats, bunnies, chickens, etc.  A couple of the kids had so much fun I took them around the park for a second drive.  Those llamas were pesky!  Good times!  :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment