Friday, February 21, 2014

Another fun filled weekend!

 

 We go from one crazy busy weekend to another here at the Campbells residence!  This past weekend, Katelyn and 3 of her friends spent Friday night at our house in the middle of their epic Canadian roadtrip for the holiday weekend.

Saturday morning, one of Katelyn's friends, Rebecca, decided to be my running buddy with Gromit and I for the morning and we had a lovely four mile run to city beach and back.  Jon and I both taught (different) Sabbath schools, and then the girls came to the service in time for Katelyn to preach for us!  We stayed for a delicious potluck and then, after a quick jaunt
around Deception Pass, it was time for them to be on their way. 


We walked around a bit more, but then we had to be heading back as well, Keepers of the Faith were doing a concert at our church in the afternoon!  An awesome Samoan group, they gave us some awesome music.   Immediately following the concert, our church school provided us with a Valentine's Day Fundraiser dinner.  The kids were so cute serving us, and they were sure attentive!  You almost felt guilty refusing them when they came around with desseert tray for the third or fourth time. Almost. :)


 On Sunday, we met exactly halfway between Leah & Matt and Jon & I, at Whatcom Falls Park in Bellingham!  We had a lovely time hiking around the park, only getting slightly lost.  Then it was on to the shopping and eating!  With payday right around the corner, we were going all out.  After the park we hit up REI and got Jon some hiking shoes he's been badly needing.  Then it was time for the tastiest veggie burgers ever, followed by the tastiest crepes.  We explored cute little Fairhaven, and then parted ways.  Leah and Matt headed to the mall to get Leah some boots, Jon and I went back to REI :)  We got a climbing harness and climbing shoes for me, as well as a camping stove.  A quick stop at Grocery Outlet for some cheap Amy's food, and then it was back on the island for our weekly soup night with Julie & River.

The next day was a holiday...woohoo! Gromit and I got a nice 7 mile run done in the morning (training for the 1/2 marathon!), had a short hike at Joseph Whidbey Beach, and then after Jon's Bible study we hit up our closing Kmart and its sales.  See, on the way home from work on Friday, my chain fell off my bike tire for like the 100th time.  I've gotten so used to fixing it I thought, no problem! But this time it was really stuck, and in a panic with food to make for Katelyn and her friends, food to make for youth group and potluck and a cake to make for the school fundraiser, I called Jon.  Of course he comes and pops it right back into place, but then he offers to ride it home for me.  Nice hubby.  He quickly discovered on his ride how my bike is falling apart, piece by piece.  He tried to switch gears, big mistake, something I haven't done in...years? And a big piece of it fell off.  The brakes squeak terribly and only work about half the time when you really slam them on, and then there's that whole chain falling off thing.  So Jon decided it was time for a new bike for me. : )

So between the sales at Kmart, and a quick trip to Walmart for things Kmart didn't have, we made out like bandits.  A trimmer (yea! no more cutting the edges of our yard with scissors giving me blisters!), the newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, a new shirt for Jon, a hose rack, 2 camp chairs, and a 21 speed Schwinn hybrid bike for me, complete with an awesome basket and front and back lights.  Also, I signed up for a month of cross fit today!  I'll be working out with my coworker Mon/Wed/Fri at noon every week for a month.  Moral of the story? It's awesome to both be working ! Also, 3 day weekends are very much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment