FYI- prepare yourselves for a lot of pictures. I've been in the northwest so long that I was so giddy to be back in the southwest. And despite what people say, I do think the desert definitely has it's own beauty.
On Saturday it was the rehearsal/tour of the Sonora Desert Museum, which was pretty awesome. It's more like a nature reserve or zoo. They had a cool hummingbird sanctuary, and the most uniquely awesome animal was a javelina! We also saw prairie dogs and big horn sheep and pumas.
After the museum and rehearsal, we went to Colin's family's rental for the week and had a nice giant lunch with everyone. We walked around a bit, hugged a cactus or two, and left. We also took some nice sunset desert pictures, and then went back to Candice's place to regroup. Last minute wedding things needed to be done, and then Kenneth, Jon and I went to a cafe for a light bite.
Sunday was the big day! We headed over to Candice's to have a big group breakfast, helped the bride get pretty, and then split up for everyone to do their own thing for a while. So Jon and I went hiking at Sabino Canyon. Desert hiking is very different from NW hiking! No mosquitos, stinging nettle, or blackberry bushes, but there are cactus and high temperatures! I think we lasted for an hour or two before we decided we'd had enough, and went to go get ready.
Once at the wedding, they had a cool pre cocktail hour with virgin margeritas and the like. Very tasty. The ceremony was lovely, with two friends doing readings and another officiating. Afterwards, it was one big party! Well, after the nicely catered dinner and classical guitarist :) Kenneth manned the music and we had a big dance party! So much fun. And then they were off!
No comments:
Post a Comment