Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Eve Adventure



















Ebey's Landing: the nation's first historical reserve, and where we spent New Year's Eve 2012.  What a uniquely beautiful place! I can't say enough good things about this place.  Definitely a must see.  It's got everything: on the left is the Pacific Ocean and beach, on the right is farmland, forest, historical houses and cemetaries, and in the middle is a beautiful bluff trail with two lakes at the bottom sectioned off from the ocean (although still containing salt water we noted).  We got there around 3:00pm with our faithful hiker Gromit, and though it was about a 4 mile trail and was going to be getting dark soon, we were determined to do it.  We figured, we celebrate the Biblical way of counting days when it comes to the Sabbath, so it was kinda like we were ringing in the new year there on the bluff as the sun was setting.  It was a gorgeous day with a few puffy clouds (which you could even see reflected in the lakes, they were so calm), I had my good hiking shoes on, we were ready.   Sorry for the inundation of pictures, but you know what they say about pictures and words, so I thought I'd just let the pictures tell you the story of our hike for themselves.  I'll just say that there was more than one time when I commented that I was glad I wasn't doing this or that part in the dark, and yes, we did make it back to the car before dark, and though we were quite muddy (the area around the lakes had flooded over a bit and washed out the trail), we were quite happy with how we spent our New Year's Eve.  












happy pup!

family photo!









No comments:

Post a Comment