Friday, September 22, 2017

AU Change Day

Andrews had it's first annual campus wide Service Day!  A lot of staff, including myself, were put in charge of projects, and I ended up leading a cleanup at a local park in downtown Berrien.  I and 6 students walked to our project and weeded a couple of beds, and when I say weeded, that really consisted more of grass than weeds.  Is grass a weed...? If it's not where it's supposed to be...? I dunno, but those beds were more grass than plants or flowers, so we pulled A LOT.  We also spread mulch under the play equipment, and after about 2.5 hours of work, our city supervisor was quite pleased that he and his two workers hadn't had to do all that and we called it a day.  We walked over to Mabuhay, a local Filipino restaurant for some bubble tea before making our way back to campus for lunch and closing ceremonies.  I haven't heard exact numbers, but somewhere in the neighborhood of about 1,500 faculty, staff, and students participated, so I'd call that a successful first run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment